Tuesday, September 19, 2017

This week I read another Stink book by Megan McDonald. These books give me a small break from reality and let me get lost in the mind of a child again. What would you do if you thought your town had real-life zombies walking around in it?

In this weeks reading, Stink and his friend just couldn't wait for a series of zombie books to be released at the zombie walk at the end of the week. While they patiently waited for the series to be released they made many, many zombie costumes. Stink and his friend were aso enthused about zombies. Stink's interest in zombies was adorable to me. I miss being a child and being so happy and intrigued by the smallest things like stink was with the zombies.

I absolutely adore the Stink books and I think they are a great escape from reality and as a plus, they are super cute children's books. The illustrations in this small chapter book gave me a real feel for the town in which the zombie walk took place. The descriptions in the book gave this read a spooky feel and kept the read intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. I find it great that as adults, we can still find joy in reading children's books. As a child, I read ALOT, like all the time. It was my "escape" from an otherwise dreary existence. I've seen the Stink books in the library at school and have often wondered if they might be interesting. I'll have to read one and try to get the kids in class to read it too!

    ReplyDelete

This week I continued reading Escape From Asylum . I found myself staying up for hours every night because I couldn't put the book do...