Tuesday, October 24, 2017

This week I started the book Missing. I am only a chapter in the book and it is so full of suspense already. This book was written for young adults and it keeps the heart racing and mind wondering what is going to happen next. This book is filled with great descriptions and it is so easy to imagine yourself being where the girl is in the story.
The book starts with Winter Crane describing how her hometown Reeve's End is a terrible place to live and everyone there is poor. Winter found an Air Jordan shoe in the woods and said: "That shoe also means he's not from Reeve's End," because it was a three hundred dollar shoe. Once people leave Reeve's End, they don't come back. Winter lives on her own in a shack in the woods with no electricity. Her mother died when she was seven, her sister left Reeve's End and has never returned, and her father thinks she is a burden so she stays away from him.
Winter Crane seems to be very alone in this world. My heart goes out to her already and I have only read the first chapter of the book! I can't wait to keep reading and see what happens to Winter and if she ever makes it out of Reeve's End.

2 comments:

  1. For only being a chapter in, this story seems really interesting already! All of the books I've read so far have been targeted at young elementary school students. I may have to try to read something a little more mature after I'm done with the ones that I have checked out. I'm sure it would be much longer, but I would probably enjoy it more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so intrigued by your post! I absolutely love suspenseful and mysterious books. I enjoy the thrill of thinking what could possibly come next! I will have to add this book to my list, especially since it is targeted towards a higher age group. I can't wait to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete

This week I continued reading Escape From Asylum . I found myself staying up for hours every night because I couldn't put the book do...