Tuesday, September 12, 2017



The book I just finished reading was Stink, The Incredible Shrinking Kid. It was such a silly, simple book, but I enjoyed every page of it. Picking up a children's' book to read took me back to the joys of reading as a child. Stink is a three foot, eight-inch boy every day, no matter how hard he tries to grow. As a matter of fact, Stink actually notices he has shrunk a quarter inch one night as he is measured before bed. How is that possible?

Stink is a very motivated little boy who stays on track and does things the way he is supposed to do them. Stink is made fun of every single day by his older sister Judy Moody for being short. Stink often gets upset that he is the shortest one in his family and one of the shortest ones at his school. Stink and Judy remind me of my brother and I when we were young children. I was always so much taller than my brother was and I frequently made fun of him for being short.

The visuals in this book were very child-friendly, off the wall, and fun. This book brought joy to me while I was reading it and made me reminisce on being a child. I wish the author would have included a little more to the book. I think it is important to know if Stink ever grows or not!

 This book had short chapters and tons of visuals, so it was very easy to keep the attention of the reader!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we all need a good laugh.. It's amazing that as adults, we can still get them from children's books! I'm still struggling with finding consistent time to read-my pockets aren't big enough to carry a book and I'm definitely not wearing a man purse or fanny pack! Back to the book, its nice to be able to relate a book to real life. I was the youngest of 3 boys and my brothers were relentless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books seemed like it was a blast to read. I can understand the laughing when you are taller part because my brothers were short for awhile there so I always made fun of them. Reading children books brings us back to when we were young and I think that is such a great thing. I like that you added it has pictures to it I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete

This week I continued reading Escape From Asylum . I found myself staying up for hours every night because I couldn't put the book do...